Sunday, May 25, 2008

Blood Mountain and the AT in North Georgia

Discovering the North Georgia Mountains

In 1994, I relocated to Georgia and began to explore the North Georgia Mountains; soon I discovered Blood Mountain, the highest point reached by the Appalachian Trail (AT) in Georgia. I also reconnected with my New England roots by hiking once again on the the Appalachian Trail.

This mountain became an important part of my life, and because of it I spent three wonderful and rich years in Georgia. I became friends with the regular crew at Mountain Crossings at the Walasi-Yi in Neels Gap. The Walasi-Yi is located right where the AT crosses the road after descending from Blood, and the trail goes right through a gate on the building as it heads north.

To read the story follow the link below.

Blood Mountain


Laudizen King

No comments: