Sunday, October 5, 2008

Remembering October 5, 1980

Today is October 5, and as is usually the case on this date, my thoughts drift back to 1980, and I revisit a motorcycle accident that I was involved in on that day in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I was riding with three others, including my friend, Ed Mainville Jr. We had left Manchester, Connecticut earlier that morning, and we were now heading south on route 7 towards Pittsfield after having crossed the crest of the Green Mountains of Vermont on the Arlington-Stratton Road earlier in the day. Up to that point, it had been an uneventful autumn foliage cruise through southeastern New England.

To read the entire story of that fateful fall foliage ride, follow the link below.


October 5, 1980

Laudizen King

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've finally got to hear what happened to you there in Pittsfield. I'm certain I know the intersection where your accident happened. Driven through there several times this summer on the way to go sailing on one of the Pittsfield lakes north of there. I've never liked the intersection, even with the hanging lights. I'll bet you didn't have health insurance either, eh? JT (the real voice of reason)