Saturday, December 6, 2008

The TV networks are dead, the final insult

Television is dead. I mean, even more than yesterday. My wife and I have cable to enjoy the pay-movie channels and sports. But that is getting hard to tolerate. Two hundred channels for gems, auctions, and hustlers selling everything from Jesus to sex. They pay the cable companies for access, and we subsidize it by paying for cable.

The networks are so bad that they make cable a necessity. The news programs are just shills for their own reality shows, every half-hour of programming has fifteen minutes of commercials, and canned or studio directed laughter still is the most unfunny sound there is.

And now there is a new assault upon the viewer, the final insult for me. Like pop-up windows on the internet, viewers have to endure the images of people and skits superimposed over the program they are watching, filling up a portion of the screen with ads and hype for mind-numbing new series or for future shows. How insulting.

That's it. The days of watching a movie on network are over. I guess I'll have to endure the insult when watching sports.

But I have a message for the television executives.

You suck.

No comments: