Saturday, July 4, 2009

Woodstock Redux, the worst it has ever been

The wife and I were reading in bed the other night and when she turned out her light I decided to watch some TV. One of the VH1 channels was showing the old movie ‘Woodstock’, so I decided to spend a few moments and see if I could catch any of the old acts that had my attention back then. It is hard to fathom the degree of disregard that a channel like that can foist onto a paying cable audience. First of all they did not show it in letterbox. If you remember, that movie often has 2 or 3 frames of active images going at any one time during the film so the whole presentation is degraded and continuity does not exist. Especially when they had 2 frames going, you saw the line in the middle and half of 2 sets of images. Really disgusting and annoying. And to top it off were the constant commercials. Almost 4 minutes of commercials would buy you 9 to 13 minutes of movie time. What nerve! I quickly left VH1 for a movie channel.

I know just the payback these idiot execs deserve; they should be publicly shackled into the stocks and forced to watch their own content for hours on end until they scream for mercy, and then they get more. Perhaps then they would care about the shit they disseminate on the airways and the rudeness and disregard they show to the hapless consumer.

No comments: