Monday, February 28, 2011

Early look: Chicken Soup for the Soul

Because I have an original story making its debut in the book, I have just received several advance copies of the 'Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grandmothers' anthology of stories. The book will be available nationwide on March 22, and it feels satisfying to finally hold the book in my hand and see the quality of the finished product.

My story, 'Passages in Stone', is a heartfelt narrative that I penned for my favorite Grandmother (my wife Shirley). 'Passages in Stone' is a story of a Grandmother's love reaching across the generations, and of the inevitable march of time in a world where nothing remains constant or unchanged.

As a writer, I am pleased to have this story selected for publication in such a collection, a compilation that features the work of 101 authors writing on Grandmothers using a diverse array of themes and emotional settings.

Look for it everywhere on March 22, 2011.

Laudizen King

No comments: